Microsoft regularly updates its platform in the development channel. After a three-week break, the giant showed another build. Windows 11, version 22526 presents few changes, but they are quite interesting.
Windows 11 22526 – news
Exceptionally, in the new version of Windows 11, the news is like medicine. Here they are:
- Microsoft is experimenting with displaying ALT + TAB in a window instead of full screen for some Insiders.
- Support for broadband speech has been added when using Apple AirPods products (AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max), improving the sound quality of voice calls.
- As of Build 22518, Credential Guard is now enabled by default on Windows 11 Enterprise licensed computers (E3 and E5) that are connected to the enterprise.
- Microsoft is experimenting with indexing more file locations to make using search to find important files in File Explorer is faster.
Minor changes and fixes
The new build also includes minor changes and fixes. It is worth getting acquainted with them:
- Some work has been done to fix the problem that if you used File Explorer search and then explorer.exe crashed, the next time you try to search File Explorer it won’t work.
- Another hotfix has been made to fix the problem with the recent searches pop-up menu on the screen (which is transparent except for the border) being stuck.
- Improved the resolution of application icons displayed in search results when display scaling has been set to more than 100%.
- If you are using the Spotlight collection, the current image should now be migrated when upgrading (if the build you are upgrading from is build 22523 or later).
- Fixed an issue where the widget board potentially did not have the correct resolution when hovering over the entry point on the second monitor.
- We fixed an issue where the widget board was temporarily empty, displaying only the Add Widgets button (which also opened a blank dialog).
- Fixed the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED checker error that Remote Desktop users encountered when trying to shutdown or restart.
- The Microsoft Store should no longer display the error message 0x80073CFB when trying to install the latest Web Media Extension update.
- Fixed a DWM crash affecting some Insiders on the previous flight.
Note that Microsoft has moved the Dev Channel back to receiving builds from the active development branch (RS_PRERELEASE). These builds are from the earliest stage of a new development cycle with the latest code in progress from the engineers. These aren’t always stable builds, and sometimes you can find issues that block key activities or need a workaround. It is important to check regularly the known issues mentioned in Microsoft’s posts. They are documented with each version and published on our portal.
Just now: Microsoft announced that Windows 11 is ready for widespread adoption
Microsoft has announced a major milestone for its new operating system, Windows 11. According to the documentation on Microsoft’s website, Windows 11 is now ready for widespread adoption.
This means that any (almost) user can now download and install it through Windows Update (Windows Update). Microsoft traditionally announces this status after a few months of slow OS distribution to ensure a smooth and stable update for as many users as possible.
Even though Windows 11 is now available to the public, Microsoft has no plans to force it, as they did in 2015 with a forced upgrade to Windows 10. The latest operating system remains optional, and users are free to keep Windows 10, which will continue to be actively supported. three more years.
Despite the new status, Microsoft still has one reason why it may not allow those who wish to upgrade their PC to Windows 11, even if the system requirements are met. This is a known issue with a certain Intel SST (Smart Sound Technology) driver. PCs with this driver are not prompted to install Windows 11.
One of Apple’s mixed reality headset prototypes required a small crane, while others ran Windows.
Apple may introduce its mixed reality headset as early as the end of this year or next. But, as you can see from a fresh source report, the company began work on the project back in 2015.
Apple planned to release the headset much earlier than 2022-2023, but during the development process, the company encountered a number of problems due to which the release was constantly delayed.
Already in 2016, the team responsible for the project demonstrated very early prototypes to management. There were a certain number of them, and they were quite different from each other. Some were running Windows, some were modified HTC Vive models or some other converted serial products from other companies. One prototype was so heavy that a “little crane” was required to hold it on the head. As a result, the management decided to support the project, although Facebook partially contributed to this process. More specifically, Apple’s concerns about a similar company project.
Technical issues have been a major cause of delays, as has been the case in the past with Apple’s most ambitious new products such as the iPhone. But the Apple smartphone also had an exceptionally powerful figure in Steve Jobs.
While current Apple CEO Tim Cook is backing the headset project, he hasn’t been as active as Jobs in iPhone development, according to five people familiar with the project. For example, according to these people, he rarely visited the project’s development team at its offices away from Apple’s main campus. People say the lack of an authority like Cook, who championed the headset codenamed N301, has at times made it difficult to compete with other products like the Mac and iPhone in terms of staffing and engineering resources.
At the same time, another influential figure in Apple – chief designer Jony Ive – was generally against the project, as he believed that users would not want to wear such a device on their heads for a long time. Also, the Quince team believed that virtual reality separates people. Apparently, this was the reason why the headset eventually evolved from a virtual reality device to a mixed reality headset.
In addition, the project team came up with one curious detail: to equip the headset with an external screen. It was supposed to display an image from the internal camera of the device. Thus, people around the user could see his eyes. For a long time, only a few people knew about this feature of the product under development.
The authors of the article also say that they will later talk about a turning point in the development of the device, which took place in 2019. Presumably, the point is that then Ive decided to abandon the project, which provided for the headset to have a separate external unit with a computing platform. Instead, it was decided to opt for a less productive, but more independent device.
Whatsapp allows you to “quietly” leave a group
The WhatsApp team is working on a new feature that will allow users to “silently” leave group chats.
Currently, when someone leaves a group chat, WhatsApp announces it to all members of the group. Now it is impossible to quietly leave the group so that all members do not know about it. But soon this may change.
The thematic resource WABetainfo drew attention to the innovation in the beta version – when a user leaves a group, only group administrators receive a notification. When a group member opts out, a dialog box appears that says “Only you and the group admins will be notified that you have left the group.”
Mini PC for those who want to stand out. Chatreey AMR5 offers an unusual design and mode switch
On Aliexpress, an unusual type of mini-PC with a fairly powerful processor appeared on sale. The Chatreey AMR5 model is...
Brand new tablet for only $60. Updated Amazon Fire 7 unveiled
Amazon has quietly updated its budget Fire 7 tablets. To be more precise, the Fire 7 and Fire 7 Kids...
Apple AirPods Pro ruptured a 12-year-old boy’s eardrums, leaving him disabled. The company was sued
Apple is facing legal action over AirPods. According to sources, the company was sued due to the fact that a...
Just now: Microsoft announced that Windows 11 is ready for widespread adoption
Microsoft has announced a major milestone for its new operating system, Windows 11. According to the documentation on Microsoft’s website,...
Wearables7 days ago
Xiaomi Mi Band 7 fitness bracelet certified ahead of release
Components7 days ago
Xiaomi laptop with high-quality new AMD APU lit up in 3DMark. It is built on Ryzen 7 6800H
Wearables5 days ago
The latest Google Pixel Watch smartwatch may get the Samsung Exynos 9110 platform from 2018
Components6 days ago
AMD will do it again. Ryzen 7000 processors may be 25-35% faster than the current generation