The XDA Developers website has published a list of camera features that will be featured in the Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro smartphones. The Pixel 6 is known to have a 50MP main sensor Samsung GN1 and a 12MP ultra wide-angle camera. The Pixel 6 Pro will additionally get a 48MP 4x telephoto camera and an updated 12MP selfie camera.
The new Pixel6 phones will use proprietary imaging technology. A list of new features was revealed in a leaked internal build of the Google Camera app:
- Wide-angle front camera: The code indicates that the Pixel 6 Pro will have an ultra-wide-angle lens. The Pixel 6 Pro offers two preset zoom levels: 0.7X and 1.0X.
- Video recording: The main camera will support 4K video at 60fps, but ultra-wide and telephoto lenses are limited to 4K at 30fps. In addition, when recording 4K at 60fps, the maximum zoom level is 7X. Meanwhile, recording in 4K or FHD at 60fps allows for up to 20X magnification. The same goes for photographs.
- Manual White Balance: Google is working on adding this feature, but it may not be ready yet. XDA suggests that this may only be a developer feature that echoes Google’s philosophy of keeping the camera app as simple as possible.
- Magic eraser: The code called “swiss” is tied to a function called the magic eraser. This feature is for the Pixel 6 series. It is supposed to allow you to easily remove objects or people from an image.
- Face Smoothing: This feature has been confirmed by Google and works by taking additional shots of the subject (s) with the ultra wide-angle camera at the same time as capturing HDR footage from the main camera. The processor then processes the parts from both cameras to remove motion blur.
- Scene Lock: This feature was recently associated with the codename “Naruto”. Scene locking may be related to AF / AE locking, but it is not yet clear how it works.
- Bluetooth microphone support: function code name: “sapphire”
- Motion Blur: Suggests that the new feature will allow the user to add “creative blur effects to your photos.”
- Nima aesthetic: appears to be related to Google Top Shot when Motion Photo is enabled
- Child Mode: This can be an automatic shooting function that responds to smiles and funny moments involving children
Following Xiaomi, another smartphone manufacturer enters the automotive market. This is a Chinese company 360 Mobile
360 Mobile previously produced smartphones and home appliances, and now the manufacturer has officially announced its entry into the automotive market.
In addition, 360 Mobile has confirmed that it will spend about half a billion dollars to acquire a stake in Nezha Motors and become the second largest shareholder in Nezha Automobile. 360 Mobile previously stated that the company’s strategic investment in Nezha Automobile includes smart, networked vehicle security. 360 Mobile’s network security expertise will expand the capabilities of Nezha Automobile. The company will continue to explore the safety of smart, connected vehicles. The goal is to provide intelligent, connected vehicle safety services for the entire industry.
At the moment, the aforementioned investments have been approved by the relevant state authorities and the corresponding agreements have been signed. Also, 360 Mobile is trying to attract additional foreign investment.
We will remind, earlier Xiaomi announced its entry into the automotive market, planning to release an electric car in 2024.
Google Pixel 6 Pro vs iPhone 13 Pro Max. Which camera is better?
Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro reviews are finally allowed to be published, and a lot of them have appeared on the web. In this case, we’ll take a look at one of the fairly well-researched reviews that compare the Pixel 6 Pro’s camera to the iPhone 13 Pro Max’s camera.
The first thing the reviewer pays attention to is that the microphones in the Google smartphone work much better in the presence of strong noise in the form of wind. The iPhone 13 Pro Max does not cope, because of which the person’s speech is not heard, but the Pixel 6 Pro is able to save the situation.
The camera in the new Google also works better, providing both better approximation and better detail.
The portrait mode is different for the devices, but each has its strengths and weaknesses. For example, the Apple device is poor at detecting glass objects, with which its opponent has no problems. Macro is definitely better on the Apple flagship due to the corresponding ultra-wide-angle camera mode. The Pixel 6 Pro, on the other hand, plays out when it comes to additional camera features.
As for the most important thing, photography and video on the main camera, everything is more interesting here. In terms of photo quality, smartphones are comparable, although there are many differences. For example, Google’s new product is definitely better at working out the HDR mode. The Pixel 6 Pro also has better night photos. The iPhone still captures video better, and it also has a better front camera, both in photo quality and in video quality.
As a result, it will not be possible to choose an unambiguous winner here. Smartphones are similar in quality in general, but in a particular mode, one or another is better.
Huawei Mate 50, similar to Huawei P50 Pro, shown in renders
According to rumors, Huawei has made serious progress in supplying components for its promising flagships of the Mate 50 line. Sources say that the most painful issue with single-chip systems has been resolved – Snapdragon 898 (albeit without a 5G modem) will be shipped by Qualcomm. In general, the future of the Mate 50 does not seem as vague as in the summer, but it is not yet clear what the smartphone will look like. One of the designers tried to offer his own vision of the Mate 50. And the person was inspired, apparently, the Huawei P50 Pro.
The Mate 50 shown in these renders is very similar to the P50 Pro, especially if we talk about the front panel with a screen extending to the side edges and a front camera embedded in the center.
If in the P50 Pro the main camera is shifted to the left, then in the Mate 50 it is located in the center. The modules are housed in two circular floors, all combined into one large circular chamber unit. Huawei has experimented with round camera blocks more than once, so such a solution may well be implemented in a production model. The designer, as you can see, depicted five modules, one of which is a periscope camera. The Huawei P50 Pro has one less module.
While there is no exact data on when the Huawei Mate 50 may debut. According to rumors, the premiere will take place closer to the summer (or early summer) of next year.
New hit on the e-scooter market: ebikeGo Rugged G1 and G1 + have been ordered by over 100,000 people
In August this year, ebikeGo unveiled the Rugged G1 and G1 + rugged electric scooters specially designed for the Indian...
Realme’s first air conditioner to offer smart features
The official Realme Link app has confirmed the soon release of the first Realme air conditioner. The company established a...
Blue Origin and Sierra Space plan to build a commercial space station
Blue Origin and Sierra Space have announced plans to build the Orbital Reef commercial space station in low Earth orbit....
360 Mobile previously produced smartphones and home appliances, and now the manufacturer has officially announced its entry into the automotive...
Software6 days ago
What Google was silent about at the presentation of the Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro: the new flagships did not receive unlimited space in Google Photos
Security6 days ago
Acer was cyberattacked for the second time in a week
Security7 days ago
Chinese hackers attack ten medical facilities in Israel
Security5 days ago
Taiwanese tech giant Gigabyte fell victim to ransomware twice in three months