The PC GPU market fell 43% year-on-year in the first quarter of 2023, according to analysts at Jon Peddie Research.
Desktop GPU shipments dropped by 40% and laptop shipments by 45%, nearly halving.
If we consider the GPU market as a whole, including iGPUs in processors, then Intel continues to dominate with a 68% share, AMD holds 13%, and Nvidia has a 19% share. At the same time, Intel’s share has grown significantly over the year, while Nvidia and AMD have seen a decline.
Analysts also assessed the processor market. There is data on the distribution into segments: 31% fell on desktop CPUs, and the remaining 69% are laptop processors. A year earlier, the shares were respectively 27% and 73%.
The Huawei Kirin 9000s platform is truly unique. It has a 12-core processor, although it’s far from record-breaking performance.
The Kirin 9000s platform continues to bring surprises, although smartphones based on it have been on sale for some time.
After the latest Huawei flagships received HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199, Geekbench software began to define the characteristics of the new SoC differently. If earlier it was seen as an eight-core solution, now the number of processor cores is indicated as 12.
It’s worth remembering here that AnTuTu initially determined that the platform had exactly 12 cores, however, including two Cortex-A34.
Geekbench, well, indicates the types of cores, but talks about three clusters: four cores with a frequency of 1.53 GHz, two with a frequency of 2.62 GHz and six with a frequency of 2.15 GHz. This information is confirmed by screenshots from the mobile version of the benchmark.
We have not yet seen mobile SoCs with 12-core CPUs. At the same time, the performance of the Kirin 9000s, despite this configuration, is far from flagship by 2023 standards, that is, the cores themselves are not the most powerful.
A year after the start of sales in China, Xiaomi’s 30-inch gaming monitor has finally reached Europe. The price has been announced
Sales of the new Xiaomi gaming monitor began in Europe: in April 2022, this model entered the Chinese market under the name Redmi Curved Monitor 30, but in Europe the device is called Xiaomi Curved Gaming Monitor 30.
The resolution of the curved panel is 2560 x 1080 pixels, the radius of curvature is 1.8 m. Maximum brightness is 300 cd/sq.m., contrast is 3000: 1. The stated pixel response time is 4 ms, AMD FreeSync Premium, Picture- in-Picture and Picture-by-Picture. Video inputs include one DisplayPort, HDMI 2.1 and HDMI 1.4.
In the UK, the Xiaomi Curved Gaming Monitor 30 costs 240 pounds, in Spain – 240 euros.
The Core i9-14900KF is extremely slightly ahead of the Core i9-13900K and significantly behind the Ryzen 9 7950X3D. The results of the new Intel CPU have appeared in PassMark
The Core i9-14900KF processor appeared in the PassMark benchmark database and immediately became the leader in the single-threaded performance rating.
Despite the fact that technically the Core i9-14900K/KF is a complete copy of the Core i9-13900KS, apparently there are some settings related to power limits. As a result, the new model is still a little faster than its predecessor, although this is unlikely to be noticeable in practice.
But in multi-threaded mode, which is much more important from a practical point of view, everything is more interesting: the new product differs vanishingly little in performance from the Core i9-13900K, and is even inferior to the Core i9-13900KS. And all of them are noticeably behind the Ryzen 9 7950X3D.
The flagship tablet Huawei MatePad Pro 13.2 appeared on Geekbench. Hardware platform – same as Mate 60 Pro
The Huawei MatePad Pro 13.2 tablet computer appeared in the Geekbench benchmark database ahead of its official premiere tomorrow. The...
Hyundai Tucson 2024 appeared on the road for the first time
Hyundai cannot be stopped: the company releases new products one after another. The next one should be the updated Tucson...
The most autonomous of the iPhone 15 line was not the 15 Pro Max. The test showed that the new models are very good
Popular blogger Mrwhosetheboss with 16.4 million subscribers on YouTube decided to compare the autonomy of the new iPhones with previous...
No near-inch sensors in the new Pixels. Pixel 8 and 8 Pro look set to retain ISOCELL GN1 sensor
Another promotional video for Google Pixel 8 smartphones has leaked online, along with the characteristics of all the cameras of...
Phones2 days ago
Are there a lot of defects in the new iPhone 15? People are sharing photos of poor quality paint and assembly
News4 days ago
A new height is reached: NASA Ingenuity helicopter makes a record flight on Mars
Gaming6 days ago
iPhone 15 Pro “will be the best gaming console in the world”
Electric Cars1 day ago
Noisy, windy and with turbo lag. The newest crossover Lexus TX 2024 passed its first test drive a few weeks before the start of sales