Connect with us
UN calls for a moratorium on the use of AI UN calls for a moratorium on the use of AI

Security

UN calls for a moratorium on the use of AI that threatens human rights

Published

on

National governments should explicitly prohibit AI applications that do not comply with international human rights law.

UN Human Rights Chief Michelle Bachelet has called for a moratorium on the use of artificial intelligence technologies that pose a serious human rights risk, including face scanning systems that track people in public places.

The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights also said that national governments should explicitly ban AI applications that do not comply with international human rights law.

Applications that should be banned include government “social assessment” systems and certain AI-based tools that divide people into groups, such as ethnicity or gender.

AI technologies “can be a force for good, but they can also have negative, even catastrophic, consequences if used without due regard to their impact on human rights,” Bachelet said.

The comments relate to a new UN report on how countries and companies have rushed to use artificial intelligence systems that affect people’s lives without creating adequate safeguards to prevent discrimination and other harm.

Bachelet did not call for a complete ban on facial recognition technology, but said governments should stop real-time face scanning until they can demonstrate that the technology is accurate and meets certain privacy and data protection standards.

The report also expressed caution with tools that attempt to determine the emotional and mental state of people by analyzing their facial expressions or body movements. According to experts, such technologies are subject to bias, misinterpretation and lack of scientific basis.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Security

Hacker Hacked Fast Company’s Apple News Account and Spread Racist Messages

Published

on

Hacker Hacked Fast Companys Apple News Account and Spread Racist

An unknown hacker was able to access the business publication Fast Company’s Apple News account and sent out a series of obscene and racist messages via push notifications. Subscribers are the victims.

Hacker Hacked Fast Company's Apple News Account and Spread Racist Messages

Fast Company confirmed the hack, and so did Apple. The incident is currently under investigation.

Fast Company’s Apple News account was hacked Tuesday night. After that, two push notifications with obscene and racist content were sent with a minute interval. The messages are disgusting and do not match Fast Company content. We are investigating the incident and have also paused feed updates and closed FastCompany.com until we are confident the situation has been resolved.“, – noted in the publication.

Shortly before the shutdown, the hacker himself posted an entire article on the Fast Company website, where he described in detail how he managed to bypass the protection. It turned out that the accounts on the site were protected by the same password, this also applies to the account of the site administrator. Having gained access to them, the hacker was able to get to the authentication tokens and log in to Apple News.

At the same time, in addition to hooliganism, no financial losses or manipulations were recorded.

Continue Reading

Security

Young hacker who leaked GTA 6 material denies his guilt

Published

on

Young hacker who leaked GTA 6 material denies his guilt

The 17-year-old hacker, who was previously arrested in the UK on suspicion of hacking Rockstar Games and Uber, has pleaded not guilty. According to police, he appeared in court over the weekend, but refused to plead guilty to PC misuse. At the same time, he admitted that he violated the conditions of release on bail. Now he is being held in a juvenile detention center.

Young hacker who leaked GTA 6 material denies his guilt

According to investigators, the 17-year-old is part of the Lapsus$ hacker group and is behind the recent leak of videos and other details of the $2 billion GTA 6 game.

Earlier, a hacker under the nickname teapotuberhacker published an archive with video and source code from an early version of GTA 6, which has already gone viral. Take-Two tried to stop the spread of the leak, but it was only partially successful.

The hacker also said that it was he who attacked the Uber computer system, gaining access to correspondence, email addresses, and so on.

At the moment, the investigation is ongoing, so it is not yet clear how this story will end.

Continue Reading

Security

Cloudflare introduces world’s first eSIM with better security than VPN

Published

on

Cloudflare introduces worlds first eSIM with better security than VPN

Cloudflare has introduced a new solution that may be suitable for smartphone and mobile Internet users. We are talking about an eSIM card called Zero Trust SIM. Its peculiarity is that it provides an increased level of security, reducing the risk of number substitution.

Cloudflare introduces world's first eSIM with better security than VPN

In technical terms, we are talking about the transfer of DNS requests through the Cloudflare gateway, which allows you to protect them from interception and spoofing. Also promised is a check of all intermediate nodes through which the device accesses the Internet.

According to Cloudflare CTO John Graham-Cumming, Zero Trust SIM technology can outperform VPNs and other security systems as it provides cell-level protection.

Zero Trust SIM will launch first in the US, where only a virtual card for iOS and Android will be available at first. When activated, it will bind to a specific device and allow you to protect it. Physical maps are also expected in the future.

The company is also launching Zero Trust for Mobile Operators, an affiliate program for telecom operators that will enable them to offer subscriptions to the services and tools of the Zero Trust platform. In addition, a similar project is expected for the Internet of Things.

Continue Reading

Most Popular