Today, October 15, the Chinese company OPPO announced its next low-cost smartphone. The novelty, dubbed OPPO A15, joined the OPPO A12 launched in June.
Since the OPPO A15 is an entry-level device, you shouldn’t expect miracles. This is an ordinary smartphone in a plastic case and with a drop-shaped display for the front camera. The thickness of the case is 8 mm, and the weight, including all the filling, is 175 grams. It will be offered in two simple colors: blue and black.
The display of the new OPPO smartphone is a 6.52-inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels and automatic brightness control depending not only on ambient light, but also on the tasks being performed. Inside is MediaTek’s two-year-old Helio P35 chipset, paired with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. If the internal storage seems small, then it can be expanded by installing a microSD memory card in the smartphone. Everything is controlled by the Android 10 mobile operating system with the proprietary ColorOS 7.2 shell. And autonomous operation is provided by a rechargeable battery with a capacity of 4 230 mAh with a charging power of 10 W. There is a microUSB port and a standard 3.5mm audio jack for headphones.
As for the cameras, the OPPO A15 has four – one in the front and three in the back. This is a 5MP front camera and a 13MP main camera with a 2MP macro camera and a 2MP depth sensor for creating bokeh in portrait photos.
The first country to start selling OPPO A15 will be India. There its cost will be 10,999 rupees, or about $ 203 at the current exchange rate.
OPPO A15 Specifications:
- Display: 6.52-inch, IPS LCD, 1600 × 720 pixels (HD +), teardrop notch, auto brightness.
- SoC: MediaTek Helio P35, 12nm process technology, 8 Cortex-A52 cores, PowerVR GE8320 graphics.
- RAM: 3 GB.
- Internal memory: 32 GB, slot for memory card microSD.
- Operating system: Android 10 with ColorOS 7.2 shell.
- Front camera: 5 MP.
- Main camera: triple, 13 Mp + 2 Mp (macro lens) + 2 Mp (depth sensor), LED flash.
- Battery: 4 230 mAh, charging 10 W.
- Ports: microUSB, 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Other: fingerprint scanner (back), support for two SIM-cards.
- Communications: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS.
- Case dimensions: 164 × 75 × 8 mm.
- Weight: 175 g.
- Available colors: blue and black.