Motorola joined the fight for the budget segment of the Asian smartphone market with the Chinese concern Xiaomi. The American corporation decided to fight off the niche captured by the Realme and Redmi brands with the help of its new brainchild Moto G9.
The presentation of the novelty took place yesterday in India. The target audience of the debuted device is an audience that is not ready to pay more than 200 USD for modern gadgets.
Brief description of Moto G9:
- processor type – “Snapdragon 662” (there are no smartphones with such a chip on the Indian market yet);
- length / width / height (mm) – 165.2 x 9.18 x 75.73;
- body material – polycarbonate;
- display type – liquid crystal IPS HD + at 6.5 “with a resolution of 1600 x 720 pix .;
- memory (GB) – 4/128, expandable via microSD;
- number of cameras – 5 (one front for selfies + four rear cameras with a maximum resolution of 48 megapixels);
- battery (mA * h) – 5,000 (provides uninterrupted listening to music and watching streaming video for 83 and 16 hours, respectively);
- button for activating the voice “prompt” Google Assistant;
- OS type – Android 10 with proprietary Motorola shell My UX;
- fast charging (W) – 20;
- Support for near-field technology NFC (contactless payments).
Representatives of “Motorola” declare the complete absence of adware and malware in the G9. According to the speakers of the Chicago-based manufacturer, the new product is equipped with an abundance of slots and connectors for a variety of purposes, supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 4G VoLTE, etc.
The announced price of the device for the Indian market is $ 150. The start of sales of Moto G9 in India is scheduled for the final day of summer.