Connect with us

Gaming

It’s too early to give up on the PS2-style Sony PlayStation 5. Creators Deny Allegations of Fraud

Published

on

The SUP3R5 enthusiast team, which recently canceled all orders for the stylized PlayStation 5 Retro Inspired game console, issued a statement denying the fraud allegations.

Recall that on January 8, the SUP3R5 team began pre-sales of a special edition of the Sony PlayStation 5 game console, which instantly became a hit – the entire batch of PlayStation 5 Retro Inspired was sold out in less than 20 minutes, and a total of 54 thousand applications from users were submitted. At the same time, it was planned to release a very limited batch of consoles.

However, many users who could not place an order were unhappy. The creators began to receive “real threats to their safety” and decided to cancel all orders because they were “not ready to risk safety and well-being.” Even the official Twitter page has been removed.

The SUP3R5 team then faced accusations of fraud from users on Twitter and YouTube, but considers the charges “offensive and unfair.” The creators of the project do not refuse to return the money – already 98% of those who placed the order received the funds back, and the remaining 2% will be refunded the spent before the end of the week.

Moreover, SUP3R5 believes that the authors of the accusations often used the complexities of the team for their own promotion and gaining easy fame:

We assume that the creators of these videos used this approach in order to attract viewers with clickbait headlines about us. ”

SUP3R5 does not completely put an end to the project. It is noted that when the situation calms down and the team is convinced of safety, they can try to start selling again. However, next time the product will be offered by invitation only to select users who have already placed orders and earned trust, for example, did not immediately upload PlayStation 5 Retro Inspired on eBay.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

News7 mins ago

Top 10 semiconductor manufacturers are expected to grow 20% revenue this quarter

According to TrendForce, the demand for contract manufacturing of semiconductor products in the global market will remain strong in the...

Phones18 mins ago

There are already more than a billion active Huawei smartphones in the world

Huawei Founder and CEO Ren Zhengfei recently spoke at the GTS Cloud and Device Cloud Cooperation and Integration Progress conference....

Phones29 mins ago

Pop-up camera takes up too much space: Redmi makes excuses for the hole in the screen of the Redmi K40

Yesterday, Xiaomi introduced the Redmi K40, Redmi K40 Pro and Redmi K40 Pro + smartphones, which received the same screen....

Components40 mins ago

Alpine 23 and Alpine 23 CO CPU coolers added to Arctic catalog

Arctic has added the Alpine 23 and Alpine 23 CO to its range of processor coolers. They are designed for...

Components51 mins ago

Corsair Introduces Katar Pro XT Gaming Mouse and iCUE MM700 RGB Mousepad

Corsair, PC gaming peripherals and components company, has unveiled the Katar Pro XT gaming mouse and MM700 RGB mouse pad....

Wearables1 hour ago

Samsung has released a big update to the original 3-year-old Galaxy Watch and 2-year-old Galaxy Watch Active

Samsung Electronics has begun rolling out a major software update for its original Galaxy Watch (review), which debuted in 2018,...

Gaming1 hour ago

Hackers are to blame for everything: big update for Cyberpunk 2077 postponed

CD Projekt RED is preparing the next major update for Cyberpunk 2077, originally slated for patch 1.2 in February. However,...

Gaming2 hours ago

Sony reveals 10 new games for PlayStation 5, including a remake of Final Fantasy VII

Sony held a half-hour presentation of the gameplay of new games for the PlayStation 5, during which 10 interesting projects...

Most Popular