Are you having difficulty connecting to your router because it no longer broadcasts Wi-Fi? Whatever equipment you use as a router – your Internet Service Provider (ISP) box or a Time Capsule – if your Mac cannot connect to it, you can turn your computer into a Wi-Fi hotspot. You’re not a computer geek? No problem. The method you need to follow for successful connection sharing on Mac is very simple. We explain each step of the procedure in detail.
How to share your Internet connection via the Wi-Fi of your Mac?
Internet connection sharing on Mac can be done in different ways. In order to make your task as easy as possible, we will start by explaining the most common method to you. This consists of sharing the Internet connection of your iPhone connected by USB, through the Wi-Fi of your Mac. To succeed in this trick, you will need to follow the steps below.
How to share the Internet connection with your iPhone via the Wi-Fi of your Mac?
To successfully share the Internet connection through your MacBook’s Wi-Fi, there are a few things you need to check first.
- Make sure your iPhone has Internet access
The first thing you need to do if you want to share your iPhone’s internet connection with your Mac is connect your smartphone to the internet. But beware ! it is generally not recommended to share your phone’s Internet connection with your computer when using mobile data. Because, this very often generates significant costs that can only be avoided if you have an unlimited Internet package or a large volume of Internet data.
- Activate Internet connection sharing on your iPhone or iPad
Do you have access to a large volume of data? If so, then you can start sharing your iPhone or iPad connection with your Mac. To do this, you must first connect your smartphone to the computer using a USB cable. Then share the connection via USB from the mobile phone and come back to your Mac.
- Share the connection established in USB via the Wi-Fi of the Mac
Can you surf on your Mac again? That’s great, but in order for your other equipment (PC, tablet, iPad, Box TV, etc.) to do the same, you need to turn your Mac into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Rest assured, this operation is rather simple to perform. All you have to do is access the ” System Preferences From your Mac. Once this window opens, locate and click on the option ” Share “.
Then, in the left menu that appears, choose ” Internet sharing », But without checking it for the moment. Once done, select ” USB iPhone “In the drop-down menu titled” Share your connection from Which is on the right. This should be at the top of the list.
Just below the drop-down menu ” Share your connection from “, You will find the option” To computers via “. Here you have to choose the distribution medium that suits your needs. Check in the list ” Wireless To broadcast the Internet over your computer’s Wi-Fi.
Go to the next configuration step by clicking on ” Wi-Fi options ”, Which can be found in the lower left tab of the active window. Then configure the settings for the Internet sharing network.
You can rename the network by giving it a name different from the one offered by default, if you feel like it. This done, now configure the network security level. At this stage, it is recommended to choose the security ” WPA2 Personal »And define a password comprising both letters and numbers to prevent any intrusion into your private network. Complete the configuration by validating it with ” Okay “.
Once you have configured the Internet sharing network, retrace your steps and check ” Internet sharing “In the left menu of the window” Share To activate it. The window ” Are you sure you want to enable Internet sharing? Should appear automatically. Confirm the activation of Internet sharing by selecting ” To start up “.
You might need to perform additional manipulations to stream your iPhone’s connection through your Mac’s Wi-Fi, if you were already connected to a Wi-Fi network. If so, then all you have to do is ‘to carry out the following operations:
- Access the ” System Preferences On your Mac, then to the ” Network “;
- Then choose the option ” USB iPhone “;
- The state is in “Joint”, simply uncheck the box ” Disable by default “;
- Complete the procedure by committing these changes. To do this, click on ” Apply “.
Now that Internet sharing is properly configured, you can connect your other devices to the Wi-Fi signal emitted by your Mac at will. Any device, regardless of its operating system (Windows, Android, iOS, Mac OS or iPad OS), can access the Internet through your new access point, provided of course that its user enters the correct password.
To turn off Internet sharing, you just need to uncheck ” Internet sharing “Located in the left menu of the window” Share “. And do not forget that the modification of the parameters of this share is impossible as long as it is activated. It is for this reason that you were asked not to tick the option ” Internet sharing At the start of the configuration.
How to share the Internet connection of an Ethernet cable through the Wi-Fi of my Mac?
Don’t have an iPhone handy to complete the above setup? Don’t worry, there is still another option available. But to use it, your Mac must first be connected to the Internet using an Ethernet cable. If your router’s Wi-Fi is malfunctioning, you can still use this cable to connect your Mac to the Internet.
Once you have used the Ethernet cable to connect the Internet box to your computer, you can now proceed to the next step. Here you need to set up the Mac to emit the internet connection through its Wi-Fi so that your other devices can also access the internet.
The procedure to follow is identical to that mentioned above, with the difference that you must choose ” Ethernet ” instead of ” USB iPhone “In the drop-down menu” Share your connection from “. To access it, you must click on ” Share Internet Without checking it. It is only once the configuration has been completed that you can activate it by checking it.
How to stream a Wi-Fi connection from my Mac?
Your Mac is already connected to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network and you want to share this same Wi-Fi connection so that your other devices can benefit from it in turn? Unfortunately, this is not possible. This is because a Mac cannot share an Internet connection over Wi-Fi when it is connected to a Wi-Fi network. However, there is another way to broadcast a Wi-Fi connection from its Mac.
You might find that unnecessary, because you’re probably telling yourself that if the computer has Wi-Fi internet access, your other devices could too. As a rule, this is true, but in some establishments (student accommodation, hotel, cybercafé, etc.) you have to identify yourself in order to use the Internet. The problem is that on this type of network, you only have one simultaneous connection. In other words, you can only authenticate on one device.
In this case, you can connect your Mac to Wi-Fi and use it to propagate the Internet connection to your other devices via Bluetooth. To do this, you will need to:
- authenticate to the Wi-Fi network from your Mac;
- access again to ” System Preferences “, To the option” Share “And section” Internet sharing “;
- once again, check that the option ” Internet sharing »Is unchecked;
- choose in the drop-down menu ” Share your connection from “,” Wireless “;
- check ” PAN Bluetooth ” in the list ” To computers via “;
- now tick ” Internet sharing “In the left menu of the window” Share “;
- validate the configuration by clicking on ” To start up In the new window that appears on the screen.
Once you have successfully shared your connection via Bluetooth, you must now connect your other devices. To access it, you must search for the network from the Bluetooth menu of each device. If they’re signed in to multiple iCloud credentials, you’ll need to authorize that sign-in on your Mac first.
How to delete your Twitter account?
Do you want to take a break from the social network Twitter? It is true that it is sometimes useful to take some distance from everything that is happening there. If you feel the need to take a temporary or permanent break from this social platform, then this article will really help you. There you will find step-by-step instructions for deactivating or deleting your Twitter account for good. So that everything goes well and without the slightest hitch for you, we explain each step of the process.
Popular with both mobile users and Internet users, Twitter is a social platform that provides both information and entertainment. However, when you spend too much time on it, you can quickly get tired of it.
This fatigue can have various origins. Indeed, while some platform users find the 280-character limit for Tweets very unpleasant, others, on the other hand, fear a sharp rise in cyberbullying with the recent appearance of audio messages and Fleets (temporary messages that disappear after one day).
But these are not the only reasons that push Internet users and mobile users to withdraw from Twitter. Indeed, most of those who make this choice aim to preserve their confidentiality, so as not to have a public online identity, not to be targeted by malware like Chrysaor, to preserve their personal data or for personal reasons. .
If account deletion was impossible on this social network until recently, this is no longer the case today. All people registered on Twitter can, if they wish, deactivate and delete their account forever from the mobile application (Android or iOS) or via the web version of the blue bird.
But before embarking on such an operation, you must be aware of a certain amount of information. We tell you which ones in the next section of this tutorial.
Important things to know before deleting a Twitter account
Since the deletion of the Twitter account is an irreversible operation, it is good to have as much information as possible to take all the necessary precautions and thus avoid having regrets. Here are the important things to know if you decide to delete your Twitter account.
- If deleting your Twitter account is motivated by your desire not to have an identity on the Internet, then you should know that going through with such an operation will not be enough. Indeed, even after deleting your Twitter account, a good part of your personal information will still be present on search engines like Google or Bing. Which is rather logical, especially since the social network has no control over these sites. Don’t forget to take the necessary measures by contacting them.
- Deleting your Twitter account will not remove your username from the Tweets of other users of the site. This will certainly continue to exist, but will no longer be linked to your profile once the account is deleted.
- If you have decided to delete your account because you were unable to change the username and/or email address associated with it, know that you can update this information whenever you want by accessing to account information. There is therefore no need to go through an account deletion, which will also take several weeks.
- From the day you made the request, you have a window of 30 days to stop the procedure for canceling your account. If you no longer wish to delete your account, all you have to do is log in to your account within the time limit.
- If you plan to recover your Twitter data, you must do so before requesting the removal of your account from the social platform. Although deactivating your account does not delete your data from Twitter systems, you will not be able to recover it once the deletion process is complete.
- The Twitter social network may retain certain information associated with your deactivated account.
- If you have some difficulty managing your account on the blue bird, do not hesitate to take a look at the site’s frequently asked questions before choosing to delete it for good. Who knows ? you may find the solution to your problem there.
How to delete your Twitter account permanently
Deleting a Twitter account is usually done in two steps. In the first step, you must temporarily deactivate your account. This usually lasts about thirty days. And as explained earlier in this tutorial, you can recover your deactivated Twitter account as long as these 30 days have not passed.
The second stage, which is also the last, is triggered automatically as soon as the temporary deactivation period elapses. In other words, to delete your Twitter account forever, you must avoid logging into the social network for a month after deactivating your account. It’s as simple as that. However, the procedure for deactivating the Twitter account may vary depending on whether you are making the deletion request from a smartphone or a computer.
In order to help you go through this delicate and irreversible process, we have decided to show you step by step, using different illustrations, how to delete a Twitter account for good on smartphone (Android and iOS) and computer (PC and MAC).
How to delete a Twitter account on Android and iOS?
To delete your Twitter account from your smartphone (Android or iOS), you need to follow the following steps.
- The first thing you need to do to start the removal procedure is to open the bluebird app. This is the simplest, easiest and most secure way to quickly access your account in order to initiate its deletion process.
- Once the application is open and the home page is displayed, click on your profile icon. This should be in the left tab of your screen. In the drop-down menu bar that appears, search for ” Settings and Privacy “. This option should be available at the bottom of said menu. If you can’t find it at first glance, then consider scrolling the menu to reveal its hidden items. Once done, select ” Settings and Privacy “.
- In the new window that has just appeared on your screen, you are offered a variety of options. There is no need to go through the entire list this time since the option that interests us at this stage of the process is the first, that is to say the one entitled ” Your account “. Click on it. Among the four new options available on this new page, you must choose the one that is at the very bottom, that is, the option “ Disable Account “.
- Warning ! At this stage of the deletion process, you must read all the information relating to the deactivation of your account to avoid unpleasant surprises at the last minute. So there’s no need to rush, because you’re just one step away from deleting your Twitter account.
- After clicking on ” Disable », a new page will appear on your screen. On the latter, for security reasons, you will be asked to enter the password of your Twitter account. It goes without saying that if you forget your password, you will not be able to deactivate your account or delete it permanently. To confirm and validate the procedure for deactivating your account, enter the password associated with your account and then click on ” Disable in the lower right tab of your screen.
- Complete the procedure by validating your decision. To do this, click on ” Yes, disable “.
- Once done, you will receive a confirmation message on the next page. Click on ” Including “ after reading it.
- If you no longer wish to delete your account, log into your Twitter account again within 30 days to recover it. You will then receive a confirmation message. Read it, then click ” Yes, reactivate “.
- On the other hand, if you opened the account you wish to delete by mistake, you can cancel its reactivation by simply clicking on ” to cancel “.
How to delete a Twitter account on PC or MAC?
To delete your Twitter account from your computer (PC or MAC), you must:
- Open your favorite browser (Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.), access the address “twitter.com” and authenticate on the account you want to delete by clicking on ” Login “.
- Once at the reception, click on ” More ” Where ” Following ”, depending on what is displayed in the left column of the site.
- Then select ” Settings and Privacy “.
- Click on ” DISACTIVATE your account in the new window that appears.
- Now select in the new tab that appears ” Disable “.
- Enter your password, then validate the deletion of your Twitter account by clicking once again on ” Disable “.
- If successful, you will receive a confirmation message to delete your Twitter account.
- Congratulation ! you have just deactivated your Twitter account. To permanently delete it, avoid logging in for the next 30 days.
How to use different types of letters in WhatsApp and that others can see them
We know that mobile messaging applications like WhatsApp, they have only one type of font for the letter and this is the one that all users see, even if you changed it on your mobile.
That said, it is possible to get some variants of the font with which a message is sent and that others see it, but it is through a kind of methods that today we will be sharing with you.
First of all, it must be made clear that very possibly the operation of these methods depend on whether your mobile is Android or iOS. Clarified this point, the ways to achieve that the letters can change the font for a message turn out to be easy to carry out, and this time we will start with the simplest way: changing the font from the keyboard.
To do this you just have to write any text you want to send with the changed font, to then double-click on these words and a new menu is displayed. When you do, you will be shown different options such as cut, copy or consult, and the only one that will matter to us will be the fonts.
Click on it and choose the option you need, either bold, italic, strikethrough, or monospaced. Once you click on the function, it will be applied to the part of the text you chose and the rest will remain the same as usual, if you did not choose to change all your writing.
Also use the typographic codes tool
Another tool that works wonderfully to change the font on WhatsApp is typographic codes, which They will work just by putting the code of the font you will use. This will have to be done both at the beginning and at the end of the sentence you want to change, and the process to do it is as follows:
– Bold: Put an asterisk
at the beginning and end of the words you want to change. For example, *Hello, it’s me*.
– Italics: Put an underscore (_) at the beginning and end of your sentence. Example, _Hello, it’s me_.
– Strikethrough: Put a tilde (~) at the beginning and end of the word you change. Example, ~Hello, it’s me~.
– Monospacing: Put three backticks («`) at the beginning and end of the sentence. Example, «`Hello, it’s me«`.
types of letters
How to make a summary in Word?
An interesting feature of Microsoft Word allows you to generate the summary of documents in one click. This is one of the first needs after writing a document. To do this, you must properly prepare for it during the writing of the content. This article summarizes in detail the easiest way to make a summary in Word.
Preparing the summary
The secret to making a summary in a few clicks is to plan it. Indeed, deciding to make one at the last minute, when your document is already finished, could require a little more work. How then to go about it? First of all, the ideal is to have the plan of your document with the titles and subtitles in focus.
Once you manage to identify them and their hierarchical level, you can start preparing the summary. The idea is to give them special formatting that will help Microsoft Word identify them as an item in the summary. It should be understood that Microsoft Word offers a hierarchy in terms of level of titles that it has labeled “Title 1”, “Title 2″… Within your document, all the titles of the same hierarchy must therefore have the same level of styles .
- To do this, when you get to the level of the first level headings, select the heading you are interested in and, in the styles section of the home tab, click on “Heading 1”.
- Do the same for the second level titles, choosing “Title 2”.
- Always proceed in the same way for level 3 titles, this time choosing “Title 3”.
Don’t worry if you don’t already see the “Title 3”, “Title 4” style… As you use a title level, the next title level will automatically unlock .
Changing the Appearance of Heading Styles
The proposed size, font and color do not suit you? No problem. You can customize them to your liking. It will suffice to:
- Right-click on the style concerned “Title 1”, “Title 2”… and click on “Edit / Modify).
- The customization window for the chosen style will appear following this action. So go ahead as you see fit and end up clicking “OK”.
- You will then see the result automatically apply to the relevant heading levels.
READ ALSO: HOW TO ENABLE TWO-STEP VERIFICATION ON WHATSAPP?
Creation of the summary
Once your document is fully written, all your titles linked to the styles that you have (perhaps) personalized, you can create the summary. At this stage, most of the work has already been done. Now position the mouse cursor where you want the summary to appear and:
- Go to the “References / References” tab on the menu ribbon.
- Click on “Table of Contents / Table of Contents”.
- Choose a summary template (by clicking on it) from the three proposals that are made to you.
- If you’ve done everything correctly so far, the summary should take shape before your eyes.
How to properly configure the table of contents?
Now that you have generated the table of contents that corresponds to your document, you will probably want to modify its appearance. Fortunately, Microsoft Word offers this type of modification on the summaries. Here’s how:
- Go to the “References / References” tab on the menu ribbon.
- Click on “Table of Contents / Table of Contents”.
- Click on “Customize the Table of Contents / Custom Table of Contents…”.
- Now you have the free choice to modify the parameters available within the window that appears. Once finished, click on the “OK” button.
- Word will ask you if you want to replace the first table of contents generated. Simply choose YES.
- And you will be able to see the changes made.
The automatic update of the summary
The Word Table of Contents is great for helping you automatically update your table of contents based on the content of your document. Even if you have hundreds of pages, you only have to click to update the summary. Therefore, if you happen to modify your document and the summary is turned upside down, do not panic. Do this instead:
- Position the cursor at your table of contents to display its selection frame. Locate and click on the “Update table of contents” option located at the top of the bounding box.
- Word will ask you if you want to update the entire table or just the page numbers. Choose the appropriate option (here the entire table) and click on “OK”.
- The table of contents will automatically adapt to new titles added or deleted.
What if I have finished writing my document?
Yes, it may happen that you are now at the end of your document and you remember the summary. Do not panic, there is a solution that may be useful to you. Here, it will be a question of generating a table of contents that you will fill in yourself. The process is as simple as before, just that it will require some extra work, because you will need to know each title and the corresponding page in order to rewrite them without fail (it is possible to use copy-paste).
- Go to the “References / References” tab on the menu ribbon.
- Click on “Table of Contents / Table of Contents”.
- Choose “Manual Table / Manual Table”.
- Microsoft Word will then generate a table of contents that you will have to fill in on your own.
- So pay attention to the titles and the number of the pages where each title is located in order to fill them in properly. Don’t hesitate to duplicate the proposed title models in order to obtain a number of lines that corresponds to the number of titles present in your document.
This could be the next great Motorola flagship, according to leaks
The new year has only just begun, and previews of what we could bring to see throughout it are already...
This Telegram feature allows you to store unlimited files online
Highly appreciated by Internet users for the transfer of unlimited files, the Telegram application receives a new very practical service....
The Tesla Cybertruck electric pickup truck will have a “little brother” in miniature form
While Elon Musk and Tesla continue to push back the start of production of the Cybertruck electric pickup truck to...
WhatsApp will soon be able to draw with different strokes
The Meta (former Facebook) team of the popular WhatsApp messenger is working on a new interesting feature for users. In...
News4 days ago
19-year-old hacker claims to have taken control of 25 Tesla cars around the world
Phones3 days ago
The first radical change in the iPhone for many years: iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max smartphones will receive a camera with a resolution of 48 megapixels
How To4 days ago
How to hide programs in Windows without uninstalling
Cinema6 days ago
Euphoria: who is Chloe Cherry, the Faye from season 2 of the series?