Uninstalling programs on our computer is very simple and it only takes a few seconds from the control panel. But it is possible that you do not want to uninstall them but to hide them temporarily, to hide a program in Windows so that other people do not see it when they go to use the same computer as you. In that case, we can do no need to remove it completely and we explain how.
There are several options: we can hide specific files and folders on our computer, we can hide programs in Windows 10 and Windows 11 or we can use specialized programs that help us to hide this software.
Hide files and folders
We can mark as hidden files or folders from the Windows computer so that someone else won’t see them when you are going to use it. It is a function that is available from old versions of the operating system and that we can continue using today with a couple of clicks. What we will do is hide them and not delete them. They will still be there, but no one will see them with the naked eye except us.
The steps are simple:
- Go to the file or folder you are interested in
- Click on the icon and tap on the right button
- A dropdown menu will open with different options
- Go to the end and open the Properties section
- In Properties, tap on the first tab: General
- Scroll down to see “Attributes”
- There will be two options: Read Only / Hidden
- Choose the option “Hidden“
- Confirm with “accept” and exit the properties
You will see that the icon becomes somewhat more transparent compared to other similar ones. A few seconds later, it disappears. But it has not been deleted, but we have simply managed to hide the corresponding file or folder and we can show it whenever we want if we go to the folder and change the configuration of “view” Of the same. In our case, from the desktop.
We open the desktop folder and go to the “View” tab that we find at the top next to “Home” and “Share”. Here we will see a series of options such as a preview panel or a details panel as well as several different views on how we want the icons to be displayed: details, list, small, large, medium, very large… We can also group or choose the order, group or adjust by columns, etc. And, finally, we will see three options that we can mark in a box next to its name:
- element slots
- File name extensions
- hidden elements
If you mark hidden elements, the document that you had hidden or hidden following the previous steps will appear on the screen again.
Another option to hide elements is to do it from this screen. In the “view” section you will see that there is (on the right) a button that indicates hide selected items”. This will allow us to hide files and folders in batch without having to go to the properties of each of them. We simply have to mark all the folders that interest us or the files and check the “hide selected items” button as you see in the image below. The same thing will happen as in the previous case and we must choose “hidden elements” to be able to see them. The rest will not see them, but keep in mind that they are not protected with any password and that anyone can press that button and see and open them freely.
Hide app without uninstall
In case you want to hide an app instead of a file or folder, we can do it too although the steps will be different. We can do it from the computer configuration, in the registry, or using a third-party program that is specifically responsible for this task. Both options are easy.
from the record
To hide an application in Windows 10 from the registry, the first thing we have to do is open the system registry. To do this, we must tap on “Windows + R” on the keyboard. A “Run” window will open and we will have to type “Regedit” in it. Once you have it, click on accept and open this window. Or, we go to Start and search for “Registry Editor” and click on it.
When we have opened it, we have to write the following:
There we will find a lot of registry keys, specifically one for each application installed on the computer. We will see them on the left side of the screen, as you can see in the image below. To know which application each one corresponds to, we select it and on the right side we look at the named string value DisplayName. Next to this, the corresponding name of the application or program that interests us will appear.
To hide an application, we must find it. The problem with this system is that we will have to go clicking one by one until you find the one that interests us and we must be especially careful not to make mistakes so as not to hide or delete the program that it is not. Of course, before proceeding with its deletion, we must make a backup copy in case at any time we want to show it again and that they appear in the list of installed programs and ready to uninstall.
Once you have it selected, tap on it in the left panel. You will open a drop-down menu in which we must choose “New” and here we choose Value DWORD (32 bit). In the heat, change the name to “SystemComponent” and in “value information” change the 0 to a 1. Once ready, accept and save.
With specialized programs
Depending on the type of application that we want to hide, the other option is to use a specialized program or third-party applications. For example, we can use the Hide From Uninstall List tool. An application that we can get totally free from this link. Once the .ZIP file is downloaded, we unzip it and launch the executable file. The tool’s interface will automatically open where a list of installed applications will be shown that we can hide from Hide From Uninstall List. It is much more comfortable and simpler to do this than to go one by one in the registry since the program will show us a list with all the installed applications and we can choose whether to hide or show them.
Its operation is very simple, since, to hide an application, all we have to do is mark the application in question from the list and then click on the ghost button displayed on the top bar of the tool. If we prefer, it is also possible to hide an application if we click on it with the right mouse button in the list itself and select the Hide from programs and features option from the context menu. This will make it not appear in the list of applications to download from the Control Panel.
We can simply return to the program whenever we want to hide or show as needed or as we install new things that we want to hide. It will take us just a few seconds and we will hide it completely, they will even stop appearing in the uninstall programs window of the Control Panel. To show them again, we follow the same steps.
How to delete your Twitter account?
Do you want to take a break from the social network Twitter? It is true that it is sometimes useful to take some distance from everything that is happening there. If you feel the need to take a temporary or permanent break from this social platform, then this article will really help you. There you will find step-by-step instructions for deactivating or deleting your Twitter account for good. So that everything goes well and without the slightest hitch for you, we explain each step of the process.
Popular with both mobile users and Internet users, Twitter is a social platform that provides both information and entertainment. However, when you spend too much time on it, you can quickly get tired of it.
This fatigue can have various origins. Indeed, while some platform users find the 280-character limit for Tweets very unpleasant, others, on the other hand, fear a sharp rise in cyberbullying with the recent appearance of audio messages and Fleets (temporary messages that disappear after one day).
But these are not the only reasons that push Internet users and mobile users to withdraw from Twitter. Indeed, most of those who make this choice aim to preserve their confidentiality, so as not to have a public online identity, not to be targeted by malware like Chrysaor, to preserve their personal data or for personal reasons. .
If account deletion was impossible on this social network until recently, this is no longer the case today. All people registered on Twitter can, if they wish, deactivate and delete their account forever from the mobile application (Android or iOS) or via the web version of the blue bird.
But before embarking on such an operation, you must be aware of a certain amount of information. We tell you which ones in the next section of this tutorial.
Important things to know before deleting a Twitter account
Since the deletion of the Twitter account is an irreversible operation, it is good to have as much information as possible to take all the necessary precautions and thus avoid having regrets. Here are the important things to know if you decide to delete your Twitter account.
- If deleting your Twitter account is motivated by your desire not to have an identity on the Internet, then you should know that going through with such an operation will not be enough. Indeed, even after deleting your Twitter account, a good part of your personal information will still be present on search engines like Google or Bing. Which is rather logical, especially since the social network has no control over these sites. Don’t forget to take the necessary measures by contacting them.
- Deleting your Twitter account will not remove your username from the Tweets of other users of the site. This will certainly continue to exist, but will no longer be linked to your profile once the account is deleted.
- If you have decided to delete your account because you were unable to change the username and/or email address associated with it, know that you can update this information whenever you want by accessing to account information. There is therefore no need to go through an account deletion, which will also take several weeks.
- From the day you made the request, you have a window of 30 days to stop the procedure for canceling your account. If you no longer wish to delete your account, all you have to do is log in to your account within the time limit.
- If you plan to recover your Twitter data, you must do so before requesting the removal of your account from the social platform. Although deactivating your account does not delete your data from Twitter systems, you will not be able to recover it once the deletion process is complete.
- The Twitter social network may retain certain information associated with your deactivated account.
- If you have some difficulty managing your account on the blue bird, do not hesitate to take a look at the site’s frequently asked questions before choosing to delete it for good. Who knows ? you may find the solution to your problem there.
How to delete your Twitter account permanently
Deleting a Twitter account is usually done in two steps. In the first step, you must temporarily deactivate your account. This usually lasts about thirty days. And as explained earlier in this tutorial, you can recover your deactivated Twitter account as long as these 30 days have not passed.
The second stage, which is also the last, is triggered automatically as soon as the temporary deactivation period elapses. In other words, to delete your Twitter account forever, you must avoid logging into the social network for a month after deactivating your account. It’s as simple as that. However, the procedure for deactivating the Twitter account may vary depending on whether you are making the deletion request from a smartphone or a computer.
In order to help you go through this delicate and irreversible process, we have decided to show you step by step, using different illustrations, how to delete a Twitter account for good on smartphone (Android and iOS) and computer (PC and MAC).
How to delete a Twitter account on Android and iOS?
To delete your Twitter account from your smartphone (Android or iOS), you need to follow the following steps.
- The first thing you need to do to start the removal procedure is to open the bluebird app. This is the simplest, easiest and most secure way to quickly access your account in order to initiate its deletion process.
- Once the application is open and the home page is displayed, click on your profile icon. This should be in the left tab of your screen. In the drop-down menu bar that appears, search for ” Settings and Privacy “. This option should be available at the bottom of said menu. If you can’t find it at first glance, then consider scrolling the menu to reveal its hidden items. Once done, select ” Settings and Privacy “.
- In the new window that has just appeared on your screen, you are offered a variety of options. There is no need to go through the entire list this time since the option that interests us at this stage of the process is the first, that is to say the one entitled ” Your account “. Click on it. Among the four new options available on this new page, you must choose the one that is at the very bottom, that is, the option “ Disable Account “.
- Warning ! At this stage of the deletion process, you must read all the information relating to the deactivation of your account to avoid unpleasant surprises at the last minute. So there’s no need to rush, because you’re just one step away from deleting your Twitter account.
- After clicking on ” Disable », a new page will appear on your screen. On the latter, for security reasons, you will be asked to enter the password of your Twitter account. It goes without saying that if you forget your password, you will not be able to deactivate your account or delete it permanently. To confirm and validate the procedure for deactivating your account, enter the password associated with your account and then click on ” Disable in the lower right tab of your screen.
- Complete the procedure by validating your decision. To do this, click on ” Yes, disable “.
- Once done, you will receive a confirmation message on the next page. Click on ” Including “ after reading it.
- If you no longer wish to delete your account, log into your Twitter account again within 30 days to recover it. You will then receive a confirmation message. Read it, then click ” Yes, reactivate “.
- On the other hand, if you opened the account you wish to delete by mistake, you can cancel its reactivation by simply clicking on ” to cancel “.
How to delete a Twitter account on PC or MAC?
To delete your Twitter account from your computer (PC or MAC), you must:
- Open your favorite browser (Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.), access the address “twitter.com” and authenticate on the account you want to delete by clicking on ” Login “.
- Once at the reception, click on ” More ” Where ” Following ”, depending on what is displayed in the left column of the site.
- Then select ” Settings and Privacy “.
- Click on ” DISACTIVATE your account in the new window that appears.
- Now select in the new tab that appears ” Disable “.
- Enter your password, then validate the deletion of your Twitter account by clicking once again on ” Disable “.
- If successful, you will receive a confirmation message to delete your Twitter account.
- Congratulation ! you have just deactivated your Twitter account. To permanently delete it, avoid logging in for the next 30 days.
How to use different types of letters in WhatsApp and that others can see them
We know that mobile messaging applications like WhatsApp, they have only one type of font for the letter and this is the one that all users see, even if you changed it on your mobile.
That said, it is possible to get some variants of the font with which a message is sent and that others see it, but it is through a kind of methods that today we will be sharing with you.
First of all, it must be made clear that very possibly the operation of these methods depend on whether your mobile is Android or iOS. Clarified this point, the ways to achieve that the letters can change the font for a message turn out to be easy to carry out, and this time we will start with the simplest way: changing the font from the keyboard.
To do this you just have to write any text you want to send with the changed font, to then double-click on these words and a new menu is displayed. When you do, you will be shown different options such as cut, copy or consult, and the only one that will matter to us will be the fonts.
Click on it and choose the option you need, either bold, italic, strikethrough, or monospaced. Once you click on the function, it will be applied to the part of the text you chose and the rest will remain the same as usual, if you did not choose to change all your writing.
Also use the typographic codes tool
Another tool that works wonderfully to change the font on WhatsApp is typographic codes, which They will work just by putting the code of the font you will use. This will have to be done both at the beginning and at the end of the sentence you want to change, and the process to do it is as follows:
– Bold: Put an asterisk
at the beginning and end of the words you want to change. For example, *Hello, it’s me*.
– Italics: Put an underscore (_) at the beginning and end of your sentence. Example, _Hello, it’s me_.
– Strikethrough: Put a tilde (~) at the beginning and end of the word you change. Example, ~Hello, it’s me~.
– Monospacing: Put three backticks («`) at the beginning and end of the sentence. Example, «`Hello, it’s me«`.
types of letters
How to make a summary in Word?
An interesting feature of Microsoft Word allows you to generate the summary of documents in one click. This is one of the first needs after writing a document. To do this, you must properly prepare for it during the writing of the content. This article summarizes in detail the easiest way to make a summary in Word.
Preparing the summary
The secret to making a summary in a few clicks is to plan it. Indeed, deciding to make one at the last minute, when your document is already finished, could require a little more work. How then to go about it? First of all, the ideal is to have the plan of your document with the titles and subtitles in focus.
Once you manage to identify them and their hierarchical level, you can start preparing the summary. The idea is to give them special formatting that will help Microsoft Word identify them as an item in the summary. It should be understood that Microsoft Word offers a hierarchy in terms of level of titles that it has labeled “Title 1”, “Title 2″… Within your document, all the titles of the same hierarchy must therefore have the same level of styles .
- To do this, when you get to the level of the first level headings, select the heading you are interested in and, in the styles section of the home tab, click on “Heading 1”.
- Do the same for the second level titles, choosing “Title 2”.
- Always proceed in the same way for level 3 titles, this time choosing “Title 3”.
Don’t worry if you don’t already see the “Title 3”, “Title 4” style… As you use a title level, the next title level will automatically unlock .
Changing the Appearance of Heading Styles
The proposed size, font and color do not suit you? No problem. You can customize them to your liking. It will suffice to:
- Right-click on the style concerned “Title 1”, “Title 2”… and click on “Edit / Modify).
- The customization window for the chosen style will appear following this action. So go ahead as you see fit and end up clicking “OK”.
- You will then see the result automatically apply to the relevant heading levels.
READ ALSO: HOW TO ENABLE TWO-STEP VERIFICATION ON WHATSAPP?
Creation of the summary
Once your document is fully written, all your titles linked to the styles that you have (perhaps) personalized, you can create the summary. At this stage, most of the work has already been done. Now position the mouse cursor where you want the summary to appear and:
- Go to the “References / References” tab on the menu ribbon.
- Click on “Table of Contents / Table of Contents”.
- Choose a summary template (by clicking on it) from the three proposals that are made to you.
- If you’ve done everything correctly so far, the summary should take shape before your eyes.
How to properly configure the table of contents?
Now that you have generated the table of contents that corresponds to your document, you will probably want to modify its appearance. Fortunately, Microsoft Word offers this type of modification on the summaries. Here’s how:
- Go to the “References / References” tab on the menu ribbon.
- Click on “Table of Contents / Table of Contents”.
- Click on “Customize the Table of Contents / Custom Table of Contents…”.
- Now you have the free choice to modify the parameters available within the window that appears. Once finished, click on the “OK” button.
- Word will ask you if you want to replace the first table of contents generated. Simply choose YES.
- And you will be able to see the changes made.
The automatic update of the summary
The Word Table of Contents is great for helping you automatically update your table of contents based on the content of your document. Even if you have hundreds of pages, you only have to click to update the summary. Therefore, if you happen to modify your document and the summary is turned upside down, do not panic. Do this instead:
- Position the cursor at your table of contents to display its selection frame. Locate and click on the “Update table of contents” option located at the top of the bounding box.
- Word will ask you if you want to update the entire table or just the page numbers. Choose the appropriate option (here the entire table) and click on “OK”.
- The table of contents will automatically adapt to new titles added or deleted.
What if I have finished writing my document?
Yes, it may happen that you are now at the end of your document and you remember the summary. Do not panic, there is a solution that may be useful to you. Here, it will be a question of generating a table of contents that you will fill in yourself. The process is as simple as before, just that it will require some extra work, because you will need to know each title and the corresponding page in order to rewrite them without fail (it is possible to use copy-paste).
- Go to the “References / References” tab on the menu ribbon.
- Click on “Table of Contents / Table of Contents”.
- Choose “Manual Table / Manual Table”.
- Microsoft Word will then generate a table of contents that you will have to fill in on your own.
- So pay attention to the titles and the number of the pages where each title is located in order to fill them in properly. Don’t hesitate to duplicate the proposed title models in order to obtain a number of lines that corresponds to the number of titles present in your document.
This could be the next great Motorola flagship, according to leaks
The new year has only just begun, and previews of what we could bring to see throughout it are already...
This Telegram feature allows you to store unlimited files online
Highly appreciated by Internet users for the transfer of unlimited files, the Telegram application receives a new very practical service....
The Tesla Cybertruck electric pickup truck will have a “little brother” in miniature form
While Elon Musk and Tesla continue to push back the start of production of the Cybertruck electric pickup truck to...
WhatsApp will soon be able to draw with different strokes
The Meta (former Facebook) team of the popular WhatsApp messenger is working on a new interesting feature for users. In...
News3 days ago
19-year-old hacker claims to have taken control of 25 Tesla cars around the world
Phones3 days ago
The first radical change in the iPhone for many years: iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max smartphones will receive a camera with a resolution of 48 megapixels
Phones7 days ago
How to contact TikTok by email, phone and other ways?
Cinema6 days ago
Euphoria: who is Chloe Cherry, the Faye from season 2 of the series?