Connect with us


Hitachi Prepares For Its Largest $ 9.6 Billion Deal



The source learned that Hitachi intends to acquire the American software developer GlobalLogic for $ 9.6 billion. If completed, the deal would be the largest acquisition in the history of the Japanese conglomerate.

Recently, Hitachi has been rapidly redeveloping itself, focusing on the information technology and services sector and ditching less promising businesses.

Founded in 2000, GlobalLogic is headquartered in California, providing software development, digital engineering services, IT outsourcing, and research and development.

Currently, 55% of the shares are owned by the company’s management, and the remaining 45% are owned by CPP Investments, which manages Canadian state pension funds, and the Swiss investment fund Partners Group. Hitachi plans to buy back all shares from existing shareholders and transfer the company under the auspices of Hitachi Global Digital Holdings, which oversees Hitachi’s US IT business. The deal is expected to be completed in July.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

News18 seconds ago

Apple resolves $ 5 billion class action lawsuit

Three years ago, the National Consumer and User Corporation of Chile filed a class action lawsuit against Apple, accusing it...

News11 mins ago

Tamron promises to introduce “large” lens on April 22

Tamron, an interchangeable lens company, has posted a promotional image to show its immediate plans. This is an image of...

News2 hours ago

Large radiators have been added to the Alphacool range – the UT60 model is designed for nine fans

Alphacool has expanded its large sized radiator range with four models. The first two 86 mm radiators are compatible with...

News3 hours ago

Yamaha’s Adecia family joins the RM-TT desktop microphone

Yamaha introduced the RM-TT wired desktop microphone. It joins the Adecia family of easy-to-install teleconferencing collaboration and learning solutions: RM-CR...

News6 hours ago

Smart thermostat market to reach $ 6.4 billion by 2026 has prepared a forecast for the smart thermostat market. It covers the period from 2021 to 2026. Analysts estimate...

News6 hours ago

The first images of the Canon RF 100mm f / 2.8 L Macro IS USM arrive

The source has released the first images of the Canon mirrorless lens, which is expected to be announced in the...

News6 hours ago

Omdia predicts that retractable TVs won’t be popular in the coming years

Starting last fall in the South Korean market, LG Electronics is expanding its sales geography of the 65-inch LG Signature...

News6 hours ago

An organization established to accelerate the widespread adoption of open source FPGA technology

The Open-Source FPGA Foundation (OSFPGA) announced its creation this week. It is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness around...

Most Popular