Samsung is just starting to distribute the One UI 5 shell, but has already talked a little about One UI 6.
Sally Jeong, Vice President of Samsung Electronics, who leads the development of One UI, said that it is in the next generation of its shell that the Korean giant wants to introduce a feature of seamless software updates.
In this case, we mean the ability to update in the background, when the user can continue to use the smartphone without problems. Now the software update actually blocks Samsung smartphones for 10-20 minutes.
Perhaps Samsung just had to take on the development of such a function, since Google, with the release of Android 13, obliged manufacturers to create virtual A / B partitions in the system just for background updates that will not interfere with users. But Jeong did not comment on whether the events are related.
Gaming phones will die in 2023. So says the head of Redmi
The head of Xiaomi Group China and the head of the Redmi brand, Liu Weibing, noted an interesting message on the Weibo social network: in his opinion, gaming phones will disappear as a class.
The capabilities of the new Xiaomi 13 flagships led him to these thoughts: these are not gaming models, but directly in games (the company has already conducted tests for both performance and heating), they are in no way inferior to phones aimed at mobile gamers. “In 2023, you don’t need a gaming phone anymore, the gaming phone is doomed to die“, – quotes the Chinese source of the word Liu Weibing.
Interestingly, Redmi itself has been actively releasing gaming phones. Suffice it to recall Redmi K40 Gaming Edition or Redmi K50 Gaming. But, judging by the words of the head of the brand, the new generation of Redmi K60 flagships will no longer have a gaming model.
“This screen should be on all phones.” Reviews of Realme 10 Pro+ with ultra-thin bezel and 2160Hz PWM appear
One of the first reviews of the Realme 10 Pro + smartphone has appeared on the Web, and the device really deserves attention.
The journalists of the Gizmochina resource most of all praise the new screen, arguing that this should be in every smartphone. Recall, the new Realme is equipped with a curved OLED display with a very narrow frame. But it is also one of the first devices on the market that supports PWM at a frequency of 2160 Hz. Thanks to this, the use of a smartphone should not cause discomfort for people who are sensitive to flicker.
Our colleagues also note a low weight of 180 g, but Realme achieved it quite simply: both the case frame and the back cover are made of plastic.
The performance of the smartphone is very high, as it has a new Dimensity 1080 SoC, which is slightly faster than the Dimensity 920.
As for the rest, the novelty has a decent 108-megapixel camera, a lot of memory, excellent autonomy and good software (Android 13 with Realme UI 4 shell).
When iPhones with Apple charging will be banned: Europe sets a deadline for smartphones without USB Type-C
The final official deadline for when new phones sold in the European Union, including future iPhones, will be required to use USB Type-C for wired charging has become known: December 28, 2024.
The new EU USB-C law has just been officially published. We now know that the requirements will officially come into force in 20 days, and individual EU Member States will have a maximum of 24 months to implement them at the level of national legislation.
This is all more or less in line with previous policymakers’ predictions, but so far the exact date has remained uncertain given the number of stages each EU law must go through. When lawmakers reached initial agreement on the law in June, it was announced that it would apply from “autumn 2024,” but in October a press release said the rules would begin to apply “by the end of 2024.”
In addition to phones, the law also applies to devices such as tablets, digital cameras, headphones, and handheld game consoles. Laptops will eventually be covered as well, but not until April 2026.
Note that the new requirements only apply to devices that offer wired charging. That is, if Apple switches the iPhone to only a wireless charging method, then it will not be required to use USB-C instead of Lightning.
However, Apple has already confirmed that it is going to comply with the new rules. If Apple still decides to implement USB-C instead of Lightning, then without fail this should happen with the release of the new iPhones in 2025.
Updated Subaru Outback went on sale in the US. Base version with 2.5L engine is priced at $28,395
In the US, sales of the updated Subaru Outback started. The cross-station wagon of the 2023 model year has experienced...
6000 mAh, 2K screen, 8 MP, LTE, metal body, lots of memory for $115. Alldocube iPlay 50 Pro tablet launched in China
The Redmi Pad tablet has a competitor in China: sales of the Alldocube iPlay 50 Pro tablet computer with similar...
Gaming phones will die in 2023. So says the head of Redmi
The head of Xiaomi Group China and the head of the Redmi brand, Liu Weibing, noted an interesting message on...
Samsung is no longer a trendsetter in mobile fashion. Galaxy Z Flip5 will be made in the likeness of Oppo Find N2 Flip
Insider Ice Universe spoke about the future Galaxy Z Flip5 clamshell smartphone. According to the source, the device will be...
Software5 days ago
Elon Musk and Tim Cook have settled the misunderstanding: Apple has fully resumed buying ads, being the largest advertiser on Twitter
Electric Cars4 days ago
The new Tesla Model 3 Highland was photographed for the first time. Twitter users considered a possible new detail in the photo
Phones6 days ago
Future Samsung smartphones will be 2.5 billion times safer than current smartphones thanks to a new fingerprint scanner
Phones5 days ago
iPad Pro 6 on SoC M2 is the best performing iOS device in November. iPhone 14 Pro – only in 6th place