Connect with us
Critics praise the new Diablo 81100 while players are outraged Critics praise the new Diablo 81100 while players are outraged

News

Critics praise the new Diablo (81/100), while players are outraged (29/100). The essence of discontent

Published

on

The announcement of Diablo Immortal at Blizzcon 2018 shocked fans as it was announced for smartphones. Over the past few years, the developers have confirmed that Diablo Immortal pays homage to the original series and retains familiar gameplay. The game was released this week, and now outraged messages from users have begun to appear on social networks.

At the time of publication, Diablo Immortal has a score of 4.8/5 on Google Play and 4.4/5 on the App Store. The score on Metacritic.com is at the level of 81/100, while the user rating of this game on the same resource is only 29/100.

Critics praise the new Diablo (81/100), while players are outraged (29/100).  The essence of discontent

Much of the backlash online is directed not at the gameplay, but at Diablo Immortal’s microtransaction system. The game rarely misses an opportunity to give the player the opportunity to buy something with real money. This pay-to-win model is not uncommon in mobile games, which are growing in popularity and making up a growing portion of the gaming industry’s total revenue.

As for the gameplay of Diablo Immortal, many fans were impressed that the game maintains the atmosphere of Diablo. Although some believe that it has a more “arcade” style. Again, real fans are waiting for the game to appear on PC and are unhappy with the fact that it is coming to smartphones.

Popular Twitch streamer Asmongold has revealed that he has decided not to accept the microtransactions offered by the game in order to improve his character’s abilities. In a couple of days, he spent almost $350.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

No DxOMark this time. Xiaomi will not send the flagship Xiaomi 12S Ultra to camera tests until the official announcement

Published

on

No DxOMark this time Xiaomi will not send the flagship

The head of Xiaomi Lei Jun (Lei Jun) today told the details of the cooperation with Leica. Previously, it was believed that the German company was looking for a partner among smartphone manufacturers to replace Huawei, and to some extent it turned out that way: the head of the company said that it was Leica who came to Xiaomi, and not Xiaomi turned to Leica for help in improving cameras.

No DxOMark this time.  Xiaomi will not send the flagship Xiaomi 12S Ultra to camera tests until the official announcement

Looking forward to winning in DxOMark? Lei Zun just waves his hand

Lei Jun says that because the company’s phones are very popular in Germany, this is a good advertisement for Lecia in the home market. True, how good the Xiaomi 12S Ultra camera, created in collaboration with Leica, turned out, we will not know soon, since this time the company is not going to send the smartphone to DxOMark specialists to announce the results of the camera test on the day of the announcement (July 4) or shortly after.

This decision is somewhat unusual in light of the fact that Xiaomi previously collaborated with DxOMark, and the company’s smartphones really performed well in tests, and this concerned both the Mi 11 Ultra (it is still in third place in the combined rating) and the Mi 10 Ultra (11 place). But with other flagships, everything is much worse: the current Xiaomi 12 Pro takes only 20th place in the ranking, Xiaomi 12 has 37th place, and Xiaomi 11T, released last year, is in 63rd place. In general, since the middle of last year, something has gone wrong with Xiaomi’s cameras, which experts noted. Whether the company’s devices will return (with the help of Leica, of course) to the top of the DxOMark rating is now the biggest question. And perhaps Xiaomi just wants to keep the intrigue to the last. The main thing is that this intrigue does not become a disappointment for users.

Continue Reading

Gaming

The first ultra-slim handheld Windows game console with an OLED screen. Ayaneo Air launched on Indiegogo

Published

on

The first ultra slim handheld Windows game console with an OLED

Ayaneo has entered Indiegogo with its Air handheld game console.

The first ultra-slim handheld Windows game console with an OLED screen.  Ayaneo Air launched on Indiegogo

The company calls the novelty the first ultra-thin set-top box with Windows and an OLED screen. The dimensions here are 224 x 89.5 x 26.7 mm with a mass of 395 g. For comparison, the dimensions of the Steam Deck are 298 x 117 x 49 mm with a mass of 669 g, but the Nintendo Switch OLED has dimensions of 175 x 104 x 50.7 mm with a mass of 315 g.

True, there is also a version of Air Pro, the thickness of which is increased to 29.6 mm, and the weight is 450 g.

The first ultra-slim handheld Windows game console with an OLED screen.  Ayaneo Air launched on Indiegogo

The first ultra-slim handheld Windows game console with an OLED screen.  Ayaneo Air launched on Indiegogo

The novelty is available in many different configurations. The base version, which can be ordered for $500 through a crowdfunding campaign, is equipped with a Ryzen 5 5560U APU, 8GB of RAM, and a 128GB SSD. There are versions with the same APU, but 16 GB of RAM and up to 1 TB SSD. There is also a modification based on the Ryzen 7 5825U with 32 GB of RAM and an SSD from 512 GB to 2 TB. The top console can be purchased for $1,000.

In any case, the performance of any version will be significantly lower than that of the Steam Deck, as well as consoles based on the Ryzen 6000U.

The first ultra-slim handheld Windows game console with an OLED screen.  Ayaneo Air launched on Indiegogo

It is also important that retail prices will differ very little from the prices of the fundraising campaign.

The rest of the parameters include a 5.5-inch OLED screen with Full HD resolution, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, a battery with a capacity of 28 or 38 Wh (second for Air Pro versions), a fingerprint scanner (except for the most basic version).

The Indiegogo campaign has already raised around $255,000, nearly four times the amount the manufacturer is asking for.

Continue Reading

Components

Fraudsters have learned to force customers to change SIM card settings

Published

on

Fraudsters have learned to force customers to change SIM card

VTB has uncovered a new method of telephone fraud, as a result of which a user can unwittingly provide access to his online bank to outsiders. Fraudsters call under the guise of employees of the support service of a mobile operator and inform the subscriber about the hacking of his personal account or phone. In order to prevent the user’s personal data from being exposed to the public as a result of the “hacking”, he is asked to dial a special USSD command on the phone, consisting of a combination of numbers, symbols and a phone number. As a result, the subscriber himself changes the settings so that calls and SMS are forwarded from his device to the number of scammers.

Fraudsters have learned to force customers to change SIM card settings

The scammers may then call again to report that the problem has been fixed, but in fact they receive codes from messages and can steal money from the user’s account by gaining access to their online banking. VTB experts recommend installing caller IDs on your smartphones that will allow you to distinguish a real call from a fraudulent one, or not to answer calls from unknown numbers. It is also important to be vigilant and, at the slightest doubt, end a conversation that seems suspicious. According to VTB, in May, the number of customer requests for calls from intruders increased by 70% compared to April this year, exceeding 640,000.

Continue Reading

Most Popular