To use your Galaxy S9 smartphone comfortably, it is important that it holds a charge for a long time and performs its functions properly. If the battery life is reduced, and the device itself fails under high loads, a new battery should be installed.
For self-installation, you must have additional tools, which I will describe in this manual. Also, you need to prepare the workplace – it must be well lit and free of dust.
It is important to understand that without the appropriate skills, it can be difficult to repair. This instruction is of a recommendatory nature and does not induce action.
The time it took me to replace was about 60 minutes.
Tools to be used:
- Flat master keys;
- Hair dryer;
- Capacity for storing screws;
- Plastic tear-off tool;
- Phillips screwdriver 1.5 mm (Phillips PH00);
- Scotch tape (in the absence of it on the part itself).
- Well myself battery for Samsung Galaxy s9 (Battery marking EB-BG960ABE).
STEP 1 – Turn off your smartphone
- Hold the power button until the screen displays “Power off”. Click Turn Off.
- Be sure to wait for the screen to turn off.
STEP 2 – Remove the back cover
To remove it, we need a hairdryer, since the heated glue will be easier to loosen. In addition to a hair dryer, you will need a suction cup and flat tools – Openers.
- We heat the upper corner of the lid, from which we begin to detach the lid. Install a suction cup on this edge.
- Carefully insert the Opener between the lid and the frame and pull on the suction cup.
- Next, we heat the next area and, in turn, insert the openers into the slots, passing them along the edge to loosen the glue.
- On the bottom edge of the smartphone, the adhesive is particularly strong and may take longer to heat up with a hairdryer.
- Important! Removing the cover is the longest process, so don’t be afraid to spend more time on it than you planned. Remember that the back cover is fragile and may break. If difficulties arise, heat the place again.
As soon as the back panel around the entire perimeter is peeled off, you need to slightly lift it to disable the fingerprint sensor.
STEP 3 – Disable the fingerprint sensor
- Carefully lift the cover and use a spudger to remove the sensor.
- After that, you can completely remove the back panel and set it aside.
STEP 4 – Unscrew the screws, remove the motherboard cover
Prepare the place where you will store the screws, as there are 2 types of screws in different lengths in this smartphone. If you have difficulty unscrewing it, use tweezers. We recommend remembering the unscrewing sequence.
- Remove the screws marked in the image with red rectangles and set them aside.
- Next, slightly lift the cover of the motherboard with the NFC tag and remove it. It snaps off from above.
STEP 5 – Disconnect the battery
- After removing the motherboard protection, we can get to the battery cable. The connector is marked in the photo with a red rectangle.
- Disconnect the connector with a plastic spatula to avoid short circuits during repair.
STEP 6 – Unscrew the speaker screws and remove it
Also prepare a place to store the screws.
- Remove the screws marked in the image with red rectangles and set aside.
- Gently lift the speaker with tweezers, then remove it and set it aside as well.
STEP 7 – Removing the battery
Here you need a flat and not sharp tool, since the battery is glued to the body. Important! Do not damage the motherboard or other components while working.
- Insert the tool from the side between the housing and the battery. Lift it up slowly to loosen the glue.
- Then repeat the process on all sides.
- Once you are sure that the glue is loose everywhere, carefully remove the battery from the case. Set it aside to prepare for disposal later.
STEP 8 – Prepare and install a new battery
- Remove the protective tape from the tape on the new battery. (If your part does not have adhesive tape, you need to place it on the battery yourself.)
- Insert the battery into the case. It should be of a clear fit and not difficult to install.
- Gently press down on the battery while pressing it against the body so that the glue sets better.
STEP 9 – Putting the smartphone together, putting everything back in place
- Place the speaker back on the board with the charging connector and tighten with the screws. Make sure it snaps into place at the bottom.
- Connect the battery connector.
- Replace the protective cover on the motherboard. Make sure that it snaps into place and tighten the screws in the same sequence as you unscrewed.
- Next, reconnect the fingerprint sensor. Bring the cover to the body of the smartphone as close as possible and carefully connect the sensor.
STEP 10 – Installing the back cover back
If the panel was deformed due to swelling of the battery or broke during repairs, install a new one. back cover for samsung. Since any defect can lead to further breakdown of the insides.
- We prepare the surface of the lid for glue application. Degrease with alcohol.
- Before installing the cover, make sure that the glue is evenly applied, remove the excess.
- Next, holding the cover exactly over the smartphone, press it.
- Heat the seams with a hair dryer to loosen the glue.
- Press down on the back panel with your fingers until the glue cools down.
Now Samsung Galaxy S9 is ready to go again! I turn it on, run a performance check.
iPhone 13 Pro: Force restart if device does not respond
The new iPhone 13 models are here and with them some users get their first iPhone without a home button in their hands. This also changes various gestures and functions. An example of this is forcing a restart, which is performed differently than it was just a few years ago.
If you switch from an iPhone 8 or iPhone SE (2nd generation) to a current iPhone model, you will quickly notice a lot of changes. In addition to the new gestures for returning to the home screen or opening the control center, the missing home button should be particularly noticeable. In the past, this controlled various functions such as Siri, the one-handed mode or the forced restart. The latter works completely differently with the new models and has a small side effect along the way. But one after another.
iPhone 13 (all models): How to force restart
Without a home button, Apple had to come up with a new alternative to force the devices to restart. The way is much more complex than before. While on the older models you only had to hold down the home button together with the power button, it now requires a small key combination. To restart an iPhone 13, briefly press the volume up button and release it again. Then press the volume down button in the same way. Finally, hold down the side button (power button) until the Apple logo appears on the display. You should not pay attention to any displays or changes on the screen during the processor.
Short version: Force restart the iPhone 13
- Briefly press the volume up button
- Briefly press the volume down button
- Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
Quickly deactivate Face ID on the iPhone 13
Apple has integrated a function in iOS to quickly turn off Face ID. This means that it is not possible for other people (police, etc.) to unlock your iPhone by holding it in your face. To do this, simply press and hold a volume button together with the side button until your iPhone vibrates briefly but quickly. Then press either “Cancel” or the Page button again. Thanks to the vibration, you can also deactivate it in your pocket and know that it worked.
macOS Big Sur: Disable search suggestions in Safari – here’s how
Web browsers these days have a lot of cool features and capabilities that should make our life easier. Apple Safari is certainly no exception.
A lot is offered with many nice gimmicks such as the reading list or the reader display. Searching the net is also simple and can be started directly in the address bar. However, not every user wants the search suggestions equally, so we’ll show you how to disable the search suggestions in Safari.
Search engine suggestions can be scary at times. Thanks to the strong network, you now know exactly what we want to look for and then have the right answer ready before we could actually put the question to the end. This of course also has the advantage that we can get to our goal very quickly with these complex search algorithms and thus save a lot of time. But if you are one of those people who forego this convenience and want to increase data protection, we would be happy to explain how you can deactivate the search suggestions in Safari.
macOS Monterey: How to turn off search suggestions in Safari
Step 1: First open the Safari browser on the Mac, if you have not already done so. This is either located directly in the dock or can also be reached there via the “Programs” folder.
step 2: Now click on “Safari” in the menu bar at the top of the screen and select “Settings”.
step 3: Then select the “Search” tab.
Step 4: You will then see a drop-down menu with the search engine – this is Google by default – and under it it says: “Include search engine suggestions”. Uncheck this entry.
Step 5: Below that you can remove the check mark in front of “Include Safari suggestions”.
Step 6: Now close the Safari settings menu and surf the web as usual with Safari.
If you would like to see more tips and tricks of this kind in the future, please let us know. Write a comment or leave us a post on our Facebook page.
Apple ID: iOS 15 allows resetting with friends and family
If you lose access to your Apple ID, it’s a very messy business. It literally holds the Apple universe together. You can use it to make purchases from Apple, the App Store or the iTunes Store, manage your app subscriptions, access your iCloud data and much more. Fortunately, since iOS 15 you don’t need a second device of your own to reset your Apple ID and set a new password. The new operating system allows you to define a contact who, if necessary, can confirm your identity and thus give you access to your data again. Of course, you should think carefully about who is eligible for this position. This can be your best friend or family member. These should also have an iPhone or iPad with iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 and be older than 13 years.
How to set a reset contact for your Apple ID
Your Apple ID is not lost right away because you forgot your password. Establish a special “emergency contact” beforehand that will give you access to your Apple account again. To do this, open the Settings app and tap on your profile at the top before you select “Password & Security”. Then tap on “Account recovery”. Now select the option “Add contact”. Read the information about the function carefully. In the next step, you may be asked to update your devices. You can then specify a contact from your family group or from your contact list. You will only see qualified contacts. After your selection, a message will be sent to the selected person informing them of their new position.
How to remove a reset contact from your Apple ID
If you no longer want a certain person to allow you to reset your Apple ID, you can revoke this at any time. To do this, open the settings and tap on your Apple account at the top. Then select “Password & Security> Account Recovery”. Now tap on the person’s name and select “Remove contact”. The removed contact will be automatically notified of the change.
notice: The function is only available if all of your devices are running at least iOS 15, iPadOS 15, tvOS 15 and watchOS 8. Make sure of this beforehand or remove the devices from your Apple ID if an update is not possible.
Brazil wants to tokenize gold and use blockchain
Member of the Brazilian Chamber of Deputies Joenia Wapichana proposed to tokenize gold and use blockchain to prevent illegal mining...
US and European physicists have created an efficient plant for the production of oxygen on Mars
European and American physicists have developed a plasma facility that allows extracting oxygen from carbon dioxide molecules present in the...
The newest navigation satellite Glonass-K2 will be launched at the end of the year. It will last 10 years and provide a navigation accuracy of less than 30 cm.
The fourth-generation navigation device Glonass-K2 will be launched at the end of the year. This was announced by the first...
“There are a lot of technical problems that we are slowly coping with.” Evgeny Kaspersky spoke about a branded secure smartphone, which does not yet have a camera and performance problems
On the sidelines of the Army-2022 forum, Kaspersky Lab CEO Evgeny Kaspersky announced that the company is finalizing the functionality...
Phones6 days ago
“This is really extortion of money,” users are outraged, and resellers, on the contrary, are satisfied with the upcoming price increase for the iPhone
Phones7 days ago
These Huawei smartphones and tablets will receive a new version of HarmonyOS
Phones7 days ago
iPhone 14 will be released on time: the supply chain has not been affected
Phones7 days ago
Samsung has released a surprise update for the seven-year-old Galaxy J7 smartphone: it improves GPS performance